15 Hardwood Floor Tips Every Homeowner Needs To Know
Kids, pets, family: all wonderful treasures that make every day worth living. That is unless you have nice wood floors. Then they’re all hell-spawn sent to destroy your floor to the point where it leaves you on top of your roof, crazed, screaming at the top of your lungs, “SEE, THIS IS WHY WE CAN’T HAVE NICE THINGS!!!” So here’s a list of wood floor hacks that will not only keep your floor beautiful over its lifespan, but you clothed and off of your roof.
1. An iron plus a wet cloth and you can fix dents on your floor. It works on wood furniture too! Just don’t leave it on too long.
2. Socks will help you prevent scratches, and allow you to make your furniture look like Flashdance.
3. With some toothpaste and a damp cloth you can prove what a lie “permanent marker” is.
4. You can Walter White this concoction together and see how your floors, windows, tile, etc. shine!
5. Magic eraser can take away most any unwanted marks, even scuffs.
6. Don’t want ninja-proof floors? Fine. Force some baby powder down in the cracks and your squeaky defense system goes bye bye.
7. One part vinegar + 3 parts canola oil and your floor scratches are a thing of the past. Get the mixture wrong and… for the love of god don’t get the mixture wrong.
8. Here’s another floor cleaner recipe that’ll do the trick, no harsh chemicals allowed! Just make sure and DO NOT put this by the milk in the fridge.
9. Uh-oh, Spot was a bad puppy. Here are some tips so you don’t have to remove Spot after you remove his spots.
10. You can steep some black tea in hot water for some amazing cleaning results.
11. Not only can old wine corks help you keep track of your drinking, but they are also wonderful for stabilizing wobbly chairs and protecting your floors.
12. This particular method might seem crazy, but you can repair scratches with steel wool and sandpaper!
13. Here’s an easy solution for fixing light floor scratches.
14. A microfiber duster is a must in keeping your floors and baseboards clean and scratch free.
15. Your floors lost their shine? Help them get their groove back with some Old English lemon oil like this Pinner did.
Listing information last updated on November 29, 2023 at 11:45 PM EST.