Posted by Lorraine Danielson on Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 2:20 PM By Lorraine Danielson / January 27, 2021 Comment
Choosing the Perfect Lot
Selecting the ideal site on which to build your home is one of the most important decisions you will make in the entire construction process. There are so many factors to consider when choosing your lot, and choosing the perfect lot is as important as the builder and floor plan when it comes to resale in the future.
Here are a few things to consider when looking for your lot:
- Consider how your home will fit on the lot.
- Do you prefer a walk-out basement, daylight basement or a flat lot?
- Corner lots are typically larger and also more expensive.
- Cul-de-sac lots are typically much wider in the back yard and much narrower at the street.
- Decide your community style. Just like buying an existing home, think up front about the kind of community and location that suits your style.
- Check a property’s use restrictions to ensure you can use the site and build the home the way you want.
- Check the proximity to potentially negative features, like busy streets, power towers, or commercial buildings.
Building a home is an exciting adventure. It all starts picking the right lot for you. Make sure you take these things into consideration when you are searching for the perfect piece of land for your new home.
Post a Comment
To post a comment about this blog entry, click here.